Exhibition: September 3-22, 2022
Surrealism was a cultural movement which developed in Europe in the aftermath of World War I and was largely influenced by Dada. The movement is best known for its visual artworks and the juxtaposition of distant realities to activate the unconscious mind through the imagery. Surrealism defies logic, using dream imagery to liberate the psyche and tap hidden reservoirs of creativity. With the spirit of spontaneity and random effects, dream-like scenes and symbolic images one creates artistic expression.
Fees and Entry Conditions
$15 member / $20 non-member (per piece, non refundable, limit of 3 entries per artist)
- All artwork must be original fine art quality conceived and created solely by the entering artist.
- Artwork previously accepted into the EGFAC Open Fine Art Competition will not be accepted.
- EGFAC has the right to reject artwork that does not look like the digital image.
- All artwork must be framed and ready to hang with a wire, and no larger than 40”x40” including the frame.
- Artists are responsible for all shipping costs.
- Unframed oils/acrylics accepted only if the painting extends around edges (gallery wrap.)
- All art must be for sale.
- The Elk Grove Fine Arts Center will handle all sales from the exhibition and retain a 40% commission from all sales.
- August 15 – Application Deadline
- August 21 – Acceptance Notification – via email
- August 26 and 27 – Receiving of Accepted Artwork 11-4pm, at the Elk Grove Fine Arts Center. Also bring your signed liability form upon delivery.
- September 3 – First Saturday Reception – Category Award Winners will be announced and presented at the Reception on September 3rd at 5:30.
- September 23 and 24 – Art Pickup from 11AM-4PM. All artwork must be picked up or a $5.00 holding fee will be charged per piece per day.
Best of Show- $100; 1st Place – $75; 2nd Place – $50