Exhibition: July 2-28, 2022
This popular competition show features animals of any size, color, or shape. Artists are asked to express themselves in a fun and creative way to show the essence of an animal they find interesting, in all mediums.
Fees and Entry Conditions
$15 member / $20 non-member (per piece, non refundable, limit of 3 entries per artist)
- All artwork must be original fine art quality conceived and created solely by the entering artist.
- Artwork previously accepted into the EGFAC Open Fine Art Competition will not be accepted.
- EGFAC has the right to reject artwork that does not look like the digital image.
- All artwork must be framed and ready to hang with a wire, and no larger than 40”x40” including the frame.
- Artists are responsible for all shipping costs.
- Unframed oils/acrylics accepted only if the painting extends around edges (gallery wrap.)
- All art must be for sale.
- The Elk Grove Fine Arts Center will handle all sales from the exhibition and retain a 40% commission from all sales.
- June 13 – Application Deadline
- June 19 – Acceptance Notification – via email
- June 24 and 25 – Receiving of Accepted Artwork 11-4pm, at the Elk Grove Fine Arts Center. Also bring your signed liability form upon delivery.
- July 2 – First Saturday Reception – Category Award Winners will be announced and presented at the Reception on July 2nd at 5:30.
- July 29 and 30 – Art Pickup from 11AM-4PM. All artwork must be picked up or a $5.00 holding fee will be charged per piece per day.
Best of Show- $100; 1st Place – $75; 2nd Place – $50
Yvonne Bonacci – Yvonne was born and raised on a cattle ranch, in Elk Grove CA. Horses and art have always been her passion. It’s no surprise horses and people are her favorite subject. Capturing a moment in time, through the use of light and color, is a goal in each of her paintings. Many of her works are done on commission. She has taught workshops in the community for over 25 years. She works in a variety of mediums, winning many awards over the years, including, Best Equine Award in WAOW (Women Artist of the West) National Exhibition, Outstanding Pastel in Bold Brush International Show, Best of Show, California State Fair Purchase Award, People’s Choice Awards, Awards of Excellent, and Plein Air Painting Awards. Yvonne was appointed to the Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission by the Sacramento Board of Supervisors; and was President of W.A.S.H (Watercolor Artists of Sacramento Horizons). Her paintings have hung at the California State Capital and Washington D.C.
She is a Signature Member of WAOW (Women Artists of the West) and Colored Pencil Society of America, American Women Artist Associate Member of the California Art Club, NOAPS (National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society) and OPA (Oil Painters of America).