Marketing Director, Elk Grove Fine Arts Center
(916) 806-1507 – email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THIS IS SURREAL, AND VIC BICOMONG – SEPTEMBER 3-22, 2022
Elk Grove, August 1, 2022 – The Elk Grove Fine Arts Center will present This is Surreal, an art competition show, and Vic Bicomong in the Foyer Gallery, September 3-22, 2022. The Center will open for a First Saturday Public Reception on September 3 from 4-7PM.
In our final art competition of 2022 we are tapping into the hidden reservoirs of artist creativity in a show that is heavily influenced by the art of Dada. Artists were asked to activate their unconscious minds to defy logic to create works that evoke randomness, spontaneity, and dream-like scenes.
The Center will also exhibit The Eclectic Artist Vic L. Bicomong in the Foyer Gallery. A self-taught artist, Bicomong is known for the diversity of styles in his work, allowing a gallery to appear as though multiple artists are showing at the same time. Bicomong is retired from the Elk Grove Post Office, has completed mural work in San Francisco, and now shares his artistic talent with the local community and his family.
The Elk Grove Fine Arts Center is pleased to participate in Sacramento Open Studios on September 17 and 18 at the Center, with work displayed by our affiliate and associate artists. The Center will be open 11AM-4PM each day.
Images for Press
- The Center is accepting work for This is Surreal through August 15. Images of juried work will be available after this date.
Current and Upcoming Exhibitions
- August 2022: Thomas A. Sellas in the Foyer Gallery, and BIG Art at EGFAC
- September 2022: This is Surreal competition show, Vic Bicomong in the Foyer Gallery, and Sacramento Open Studios (September 17 and 18 at the Center)
- October 2022: EGFAC Annual Art Tour, Polly LaPorte and Robert Gonsowski in the Foyer Gallery
- November and December 2022: EGFAC Annual Small Treasures and Gifts from the Heart holiday exhibitions
About the Elk Grove Fine Arts Center
Established as a nonprofit arts organization on November 29, 2007, the Elk Grove Fine Arts Center is a place for local artists to share their work and for the community to experience the visual arts through classes and special events. The Center presents monthly fine art exhibitions, regional art competitions, a gift shop featuring functional art and jewelry, First Saturday public art receptions, adult workshops in a variety of art mediums, and two annual community events (Elk Grove Festival of the Arts, EGFAC Art Tour).
The Elk Grove Fine Arts Center is at 9683 Elk Grove Florin Road in Elk Grove and is open Wednesdays through Saturdays from 11AM-4PM and for special events. We receive support from the City of Elk Grove, the Elk Grove Arts Commission, and the Elk Grove Citizen (in-kind).